This is an online course, approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission.
All Florida real estate licensees must take 8 hours of real estate specialty each renewal period (past their first renewal). This Specialty Course meets the full 8 hours of DBPR FREC requirement.
- There are 5 Sections:
- Section 1, Staying Relevant in Real Estate – Using Technology to Work with Sellers and Buyers, focuses on using technology throughout the prospecting, marketing, and closing process.
- Section 2, Keeping Up with Financing Considerations, focuses on how financing issues affect deal structuring and management.
- Section 3, Don’t Forget ECOA, TILA, & TRID, focuses on remaining compliant with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Truth In Lending Act, and the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule.
- Section 4, Conquering Condo/HOA/CDD Considerations, focuses on structuring and managing deals based on the property type.
- Section 5, Beyond Sales: Property Management, focuses on issues of property management such as setting rental rates, choosing investment property, and the tenant move-in or move-out process.
This course has been approved by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation – Course # 0024350 by Azure Tide Realty Corp: D/B/A All Florida School of Real Estate License #ZH1002471. Approval valid through 1/03/2023.
61J2-3.009 Continuing Education for Active and Inactive Broker and Sales Associate Licensees.
- (1)(a) All persons holding active or inactive licenses as brokers or sales associates must satisfactorily complete a minimum of 14 hours of instruction of 50 minutes each as the Commission has prescribed or approved during each license renewal period excluding the first renewal period of their current license.
- (2)(a) The Commission-prescribed Core Law course totaling 3 hours of instruction of 50 minutes each will review and update licensees on Florida real estate license law, Commission rules, and agency law, and provide an introduction to other state laws, federal laws, and taxes affecting real estate. . . The Commission-prescribed Business Ethics course totaling 3 hours of instruction of 50 minutes each will cover general business ethics applicable to any business and/or real estate.
- (b) Licensees must take the 3-hour Core Law course once during each renewal period. A licensee who takes the 3-hour Core Law course in each year of the renewal period shall be allowed a total of 3 hours of Core Law education and 3 hours of specialty education toward the 14 hour requirement. Real estate licensees who hold a license that expires on September 30, 2018, or thereafter, must also take the 3-hour Business Ethics course once during each licensure renewal period. A licensee who takes the 3-hour Business Ethics course in each year of the renewal period shall be allowed a total of 3 hours of Business Ethics and 3 hours of specialty education toward the 14-hour requirement. Licensees who complete the Core Law course and Business Ethics course will receive 6 hours credit toward the 14-hour requirement.
- The “specialty” course hours must total at least 8 hours.
Contact US with questions!
Your Life! Your Career!